Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Of Choices, Choosing, and Consequences


Life is all about choices. Some are simple enough to decide, others, might be a bit more difficult. Some choices can be made by our gut instincts, while others requires thorough thinking. Ultimately the one that we chose made us who we are today. You, me, we all wrote our own history.

Came October 14th, 2008. Another cross-road lies in front of me. Choices, choices, choices. Some of you might be thinking it's a small matter, but for me, it's simply isn't. I have to choose, between old friends that I've known for my whole college life, or those who are new to me. Seeing in that perspective alone the answer is obvious: never leave your old friends for a new one. But then again, we never looked into life objectively. 

To choose objectively is more like solving a mathematical equation, and life is not about predefined formulas. It has  infinite variables, and infinite probabilities. And the same goes to my situation right now. 

Sometimes I wish that I've the ability to glimpse on the consequences to the choices made by me.  But then again the unknown is what made life, a life in the 1st place. Or else we would be no different than a preprogrammed machine.

Should I stay for my old friends, whom I cared the most, but the understanding is just not there anymore? 

Or

Should I just.. Move on..

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u v once told me..
der r times wen u nid 2 b a bit selfish..
i dunno actually wt u v been 2ru..
bt dun hesitate if u think its d bez among ol d choices..
i noe u'll make d rite decision..
rise up my luvly bro!
n smile..
meooww!
lya~(^^)v